For anyone checking in on what’s new, here’s been the latest since the last post in 2013.
1. I left the Flannwood Mac project for logistical reasons and will be focusing on other projects that I will describe below. It was a blast. Very talented group of musicians to work with.
2. I had a great show at the Latvian Song Festival in July 2014 at Hamilton Place. Debess Manna was a cabaret show during the festival to pay tribute to popular Latvian music created by Latvian ex-pats. It was a full production show where I did up sequencing and played live. I had some technical fun getting the show in order technically, but in the end, we pulled the show off and people were happy. Some additional smaller versions of the show have been performed by the group since. More information on that later.
3. I got married in October to Corinne! That took up a lot of our time this year. We had a great wedding day, thanks to everyone involved and especially our friends and families for their support and love.
4. Allistor Bradley and I participated in a local Family Hackday event where we worked with kids to create ring tones for phones that they could take home with them. All software and content was public domain / open source too (part of the goal). The kids had a blast, and so did we. Some really creative stuff… and silly stuff… came out of that day.
Added musical bucket list items:
1. Working with Dave Kruger (The League of Kruger) on a new project album, bringing our writing efforts together for a new album under a new name. Dave and I have written music together since high school, and the bug that got us originally writing music has not died. Music is not just for the youth! With this project will come music videos for YouTube and live performances.
2. Auralplane is to fly this year with a first proper release. Overdue… No really… Really overdue. Again, I have plans for videos to be posted on YouTube once the music is complete.
3. Dave and I will be working with Anda Vitols on animated short films that she has in the works, doing music for them. Dave and I have always wanted to do this, and this is an awesome bucket list item to do.
Enjoy the holidays and new posts in 2015!